The Rinks offer a variety of skating lessons for all ages and ability levels, as well as specialty programs are part of our Learn to Skate program. See below for more information.
Please note: The Rinks Learn to Skate Programs require Learn to Skate USA Membership for class enrollment.
Group classes are the fastest and safest way to learn and enjoy any sport or recreational activity. Skating classes at Westminster ICE include the following benefits:
- Entertaining and fun!
- Great source of exercise
- Meet new friends
- Build self-confidence and sportsmanship
- Participate in group performances
Westminster ICE has group classes for all ages and abilities:
- Parent & Me classes
- Snowplow Sam classes
- Youth classes
- Specialty classes
- Hockey Skills classes
- Homeschool classes
Ages 16 & Up
- Adult Classes
*Online registration is available 2 weeks before the class start date. Late registrations must be registered in person at the box office.*
An 8-week series of skating classes include the following:
- One half-hour lesson per week
- Public Session admission on the day of your class
- Skate rental on the day of your class
- Five additional public skating passes (valid only during 8-week session)
- Practice recommendation on the 5th class
- Progress report on the 7th class
- Certificate of Completion on the 8th class
- Bring a Guest class on the 8th class
- We recommend dressing in layers including pants that allow for movement.
- BRING GLOVES or mittens - ski / waterproof gloves are recommended for extra protection
- Wear thin socks that come above the ankle so skates can fit snug
- Helmets are VERY STRONGLY recommended. A snow cap rolled up in the back can also provide extra padding.
- Snow pants are great for tots their first days to stay dry as they are finding their balance.
Skates should fit very snug. If skates are too big it will be very difficult to balance.
All skaters should start in figure skates as it is much easier to balance on the longer, flatter blades. When it is time to transition to hockey skates, we recommend doing so during practice to adjust before the next lesson.
For more information, contact:
Westminster ICE Program Office
714.248.9611 ext. 0
Westminster ICE Skating School Lead – Carrie Harris
Westminster ICE Skating Manager – Chris Pottenger
The Rinks Figure Skating Director – Alex Chang