The California Spring Select 4-on-4 League is designed to keep travel hockey players in game shape during the off-season. Select League is open to whole teams and unattached players who are ready to make the next step toward joining a travel hockey team. All players must register in their USA Hockey 2023-24 Season Age Classifications. No playing down a division is allowed. Participants may only be on one roster in the Select League and cannot play in more than one division (With the exception of High School teams and Jr High).
- Allows your club to gain exposure to new players and teams
- Allows new potential coaches the ability to form teams
- Upcoming players gain needed experience at a higher level
- Allows 8U moving up to 10U to play full-ice
- Introductory to checking for players moving up to 14U (Bantam)
- NO checking in all other divisions
- Players get to play with their friends and have fun in the off-season
- 10 Games & one pre-season shared practice if full team is registered by deadline.
- 60-minute run time games
- 2-minute warm-up, three 17-minute periods
- No icing, no offsides, no checking
- USA Hockey penalties
- Players may dually roster in 5x5 league
- Coaches must be USA Hockey certified for the division they are coaching
- Registration Deadline: March 9th
- League dates: Late March through early June
- Team Payment Fee: $3500 (Max 10 skaters) paid in full
- Team contact to set up this option
- Invited players need to register in Daysmart to be added to the roster
- Individual Player League Fee: $350 paid in full. (Requires minimum 8 & a goalie roster).
- If your team is paying as individuals, you must be invited to to the team and register in Daysmart to be added to the roster
- I need a team - A/AA individuals can use this option to be evaluated for a team. This is not a guarantee that you will be placed on a team.
- All players/goalies must register online.
- Jerseys are not included in the league fees. Teams are required to have a matching jersey for each player on the team. No sharing jerseys or numbers. Jersey packages are available for purchase at Ultimate Skate & Hockey Pro Shop.
- To purchase team jerseys contact:
- Coaches’ fees: Coach fees are not included in the league fee. Your coaches may require additional fees.
USA Hockey Membership – required for ALL participants
Visit membership.usahockey.com for more information
- Grades 6-8
- 9-12 grades
- 2009 and older
*Teams may play on a non-scheduled day to complete the season in a timely manner
The Rinks and Great Park Ice reserve the right to adjust program formats as needed to meet any Covid-19 state or county safety guidelines, rules, or laws to ensure the best and safest environment for our guests, families, and staff.
For more information, contact:
Westminster ICE Program Office
714.248.9611 ext. 0
Westminster ICE Hockey Manager – Vince Valles
The Rinks Hockey Director – Rick Hutchinson